Stage Fright is a 1997 stop-motion short film produced, directed and co-written by Steve Box. Tess Daulton is also an uncredited co-writer. The story follows Tiny, a music hall (vaudeville) performer, Arnold Hugh, a silent film actor, and Tiny's co-worker Daphne, as they attempt to adjust to the coming age of film. Tiny and Arnold are voiced by Graham Fellows, and Daphne is voiced by Tess Daulton. The short film is eleven minutes in length, and won a BAFTA Award for Best Short Animation Film in 1998.
A vaudevillian's act involving the juggling of dogs is no longer a hit. He and his partner must face a brutal villain and assorted obstacles in order to secure their future.
Voice Cast Edit
- Voices by Graham Fellows.
- Animated by Steve Box and Jason Spencer-Galsworthy.
- Additional Animation by Gary Cureton, Dave Osmand and Loyd Price.
- Model Co-ordinator: Jan Sanger.
- Sculptor by Linda Langley.
- Sets by Cod Steaks.
- Designs by Michael Salter.
- Prop Makers: Jo Conard, Jeff Cliff and John Wright.
- Director of Photography: Tristan Oliver.
- Camera Assistant: John Marshall.
- Electricians: John Bradley and John Truckle.
- Technical support by Janet Legg.
- Edited by Julie Mitchell.
- Music Composer: Julian Nott.
- Sound Effects by James Matter.
- Title Animation by Rushes Post Production.
- Special thanks to Toby Howell, Simon Jacobs, Lisa Newport
& everyone at Aardman for making this film possible.
- Executive Producers: David Sproxton, Peter Lord and Nick Park.
- Produced by Helen Nabarro and Michael Rose.
- Written and Directed by Steve Box.
- An Aardman Animations production for Channel 4.
- © Aardman Animations Ltd/Channel 4 1997.
Release Dates Edit
- November 19, 1997 (United Kingdom)
- April 3, 1998 (United States)
Sound Effects Used Edit
- Hollywoodedge, Crowd Large Crowd Boo TE017601
- Hollywoodedge, Dog Growls Viciously TE015601
- Hollywoodedge, Dogs Small Dog Barks TE014001 (Breifly Used For Tiny's Dogs)
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, STRETCH - BIG STRETCH AND SNAP
Sound Effects Didn't Used Edit
- It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963) (When the movie screen falls on Arnold's head and kills him, he literally kicks a bucket over as he collapse (kick the bucket meaning die).
Featured In Edit
- Aardman Classics 2000 VHS (UK)
- Aardman Classics 2000 DVD (UK)
- Aardman Studio Shorts Masterpiece Collection 2005 DVD (Korean)
- Wallace & Gromit: The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit (2005) 2006 DVD (UK) (Disc 2 Only)
- Wallace & Gromit: The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit (2005) 2006 DVD (USA & Canada) Dreamworks Pictures
- Wallace & Gromit: The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit (2005) 2018 Blu-ray (USA & Canada) Universal Pictures
- British Academy Film Awards (1998) - Best Short Animation Film (Winner)
- Brussels International Film Festival (1998) - Best European Short (Nominee)
- Molodist International Film Festival (1998) - Best Animated Film (Nominee)
- Palm Springs International ShortFest (1998) - Best Animation (Nominee)